Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Music...

Isn't it amazing the memories and emotions that music can evoke?! Certain genres or songs can evoke feelings of rage, love, longing, nostalgia, or any other feeling for that matter. Memories can be brought about in the same way.
When I listen to a certain song, I am reminded of my first boyfriend. Then there is a song that describes what I think a relationship should be about
I believe music has been around just about as long as we have been on this Earth.
I don't know about the rest of you but most of the time you can tell what mood I am in by the music my iPod is playing.
I was raised on Country music, it is in my veins, so to speak. That being said, I do indeed listen to a lot of Country, however I am a lover of music and there are a select few types of music I had rather not subject myself to.
My favorite type of music is Blues/Jazz; Diana Krall, Dean Martin, Melody Gardot, Frank Sinatra, Etta James...
I also enjoy Classical music. Yes, you read that right, I said Classical! Composers such as: Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Handel, Bach, and the list does go on...Classical Music helps me to relax and it also helped get through hours of homework in high school and college...
Lemon Lollipop
Even if you don't understand something, or quite know what it is, it can still be beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. We're a lot alike in this regard music-wise. If a song strikes a particularly strong emotion in me I've been known to listen to nothing but THAT song repeatedly over several days.

    ReplyDelete