Thursday, December 23, 2010

What do you want for Christmas?

If you could have anything you wanted for Christmas, and I mean ANYTHING; what would it be? I was doing some thinking after I posted my last blog, about my poor lonely little tree. Maybe it’s not so lonely after all, since I was thinking about so many loved ones when I was decorating it.
There are so many things that many of us take for granted that some would love to have. You know the things I am talking about, don’t you? Food, clean fresh water, electricity, a home . . .you know the list goes on and on.
Can you believe that in 1951 there were communities that were just getting electricity for the first time. Could you imagine living without electricity? Just about everything we do today, depends on the availability of electricity. I mean, you are reading this right now using a computer, or smart phone that requires electricity at some point in its charging cycle. Even as I type, my pc is plugged in to the wall. There are more vital to life things that we use electricity for. But so close to Christmas on December twenty-third in 1951 the final communities in Belgium received electricity! How exciting!!
I was at the airport yesterday, dropping a friend off. While waiting on time for boarding to get closer we were sitting down and drinking some water. I saw a young man who was in the military, it appeared that he was waiting on a flight to go home. I don’t know because I didn’t talk with him, I wish I had. I wanted to tell him thank you for the sacrifices he and his family has made. I could imagine the excitement his family must have waiting for him to come home. Incase, I haven’t told any of my friends who either have family in the military or are in the military themselves, I would like to say THANK  YOU, from the very depths of my soul. I do not know what you guys go through, and I truly appreciate everything you do for us.
Now, if I could have anything for Christmas, it would be; as cliché as it might sound, I would ask for peace on Earth, so that everyone could have their families together and safe.

Chico and I wish all our friends and family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment